Classified by different methods
If divided by drug category, they can be divided into the following five categories:
1. Adrenocortical hormones: including adrenocorticotropic hormone. Glucocorticoids. Mineralocorticoids.
2. Sex hormones: including estrogens, progesterones, androgens, anabolic hormones, gonadotropins
3. Thyroid hormones: including thyroid stimulating hormone. Thyroid hormones.
4. Insulin: including long-acting insulin. Moderate insulin. Short-acting insulin.
5. Five pituitary anterior hormones: including growth hormones, somatostatin, growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) and similar drugs. Corticotropin releasing hormones.
Among them, the first category, adrenocortical hormones, refers to the general term for the secretion of various hormones in the adrenal cortex.
The adrenal gland is an endocrine gland located above the kidney, one left and right, weighing about 5g, the left adrenal gland is approximately half-moon shaped, and the right adrenal gland is triangular. The adrenal gland can be divided into a cortical portion and a medulla portion. Among them, the cortex partially secretes three major hormones: mineralocorticoid, glucocorticoid, and a small amount of sex hormones. Therefore, men also secrete estrogen, and women also secrete androgen. When the secretion is disordered, it will cause a secondary sexual disorder.
Adrenal corticosteroids, if classified by type:
(1) mineralocorticoid: synthetically secreted by the globular band of the cortex, represented by aldosterone and deoxycorticosterone, has a certain effect on water and salt metabolism, so it is called mineralocorticoid. Less used in medicine.
(2) Glucocorticoids: synthesized and secreted by the cortical band, which mainly affects the metabolism of sugar and protein, and can resist the inflammatory reaction, but has little effect on water and salt metabolism, and has a wide clinical application. The main drug is represented by hydrocortisone, which is commonly referred to as "corticosteroid". Synthetic glucocorticoid drugs have stronger anti-inflammatory effects than natural hormones and have less influence on water-salt metabolism, so they are more important in application. Commonly used drugs are prednisone, prednisolone and dexamethasone.
If divided according to the length of time of efficacy, it can be divided into:
Hydrocortisone [Other names] Cortisol, hydrocortisone, cortisol, hydrocortisone
Cortisone acetate [Other names] acetic acid paracortin, acetate cortisone, cortisone acetate
(2) Medium effect
Prednisolone [Other names] prednisolone, prednisolone, dehydrocortisone
Prednisone [Other names] prednisone, dehydrocortisone,
Methylprednisolone [Other names] methyl dehydrocortisone, Metso, Shulu-Metsole,
(3) Long-term effect
Dexamethasone [Other names]: dexamethasone, desameson, dikatlon, snowy clear
Betamethasone [Other Names]: β-Misone, β-Messon, Shell Cortisol, Belfesone
Qu Anxilong [Other names]: to Yansong, Aesson, fluorohydroxyprednisolone, prednisolone Triamcino1one
Beclomethasone [Other names]: beclomethasone dipropionate, perchloric acid propionate, bifone, Burkina, Ander
1. Fluticasone; Fushusone, Fu Shuliang, Fluticasone Propionate
3. Butyl clobetasone; butyl chlorfluazura
4. Hasinide; easy to lose skin, Hassong loose 5. Mometasone; Nesuna, Ai Luosong
5. Fluorine easily; flecinide, skin easy
6. Fluorometholone; Flurometholone, Oxylone
7. Descartes; Deflazacort, LANTADIN
8. Chloroprene alcohol; Cloprednol, SYNTESTAN
9. Aclomethasone; Alclometasone, ALCOVATE
The second type of sex hormones are steroid hormones produced and secreted by the gonads (testis and ovary). Since the adrenal cortex can also be secreted in small amounts, they are often referred to as sex hormones.
Generally, the gonadal hormone secreted by the testicle is called androgen (ie, testosterone);
The gonads secreted by the ovaries are called estrogens (ie estrogen and progesterone).