|Product name:||Colistin sulfate|
|Molecular Formula: ||C52H98N16O13|
Colistin Sulfate is the sulfate salt of an antibacterial substance produced by the growth of Bacillus polymyxavar colistinus.
Colistin sulfate is an antibiotic, used to treat intestinal diseases caused by gram-negative bacilli, and has a certain growth-promoting effect.
(1) It has strong resistance to Gram-negative bacilli. Especially for E. coli, Salmonella, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, it has a specific developmental hindering effect.
(2) It has the effect of killing bacteria. By blocking the selective permeability function of the cell membrane, the bacteria die
(3) There is almost no problem of drug resistance. No R factor resistance was found.
(4) Synergistic effect with anti-Gram-positive bacteria drugs. Combined with bacitracin zinc, flavomycin, sulfonamides, semi-synthetic penicillin, gentamicin, etc., the effect is better.
(5) No residue. In oral administration, it is almost not absorbed by the intestinal tract, but in intramuscular injection, the blood is absorbed well, so there is no need to worry about residues in animal products.
(6) Promote the growth of livestock and poultry, prevent and treat infectious enteritis of livestock and poultry.
|Appearance||White or off-white powder|
|PH||4.0 - 7.0|
|Loss on drying||≤7.0%|
|Assay||Not less than 500 µg of colistin per mg.|
Packing and Storage
Preserve in tight containers.