Clarithromycin is a white or almost white, crystalline powder. It is practically insoluble in water, soluble in acetone and in methylene chloride, slightly soluble in methanol.
Clarithromycin is a derivative of erythromycin, a macrolide antibiotic, mainly used for diseases caused by bacterial infections, including lower respiratory tract infections, such as bronchitis and pneumonia; used for upper respiratory tract infections, such as pharyngitis And sinusitis; it can also be used for skin and soft tissue infections, such as folliculitis, cellulitis, erysipelas, etc. It can also be used for local infection, diffuse infection and mixed infection. Clarithromycin can be combined with other drugs to eradicate Helicobacter pylori infection. It can also be used for dental infections, so clarithromycin is an antibiotic with a broad antibacterial spectrum.
1. It can be used to treat pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes.
2. It can be used to treat acute otitis media, sinusitis, acute bronchitis, acute attack of chronic bronchitis and pneumonia caused by sensitive bacteria.
3. It can be used to treat skin and soft tissue infections caused by sensitive bacteria.
4. It can be used to treat Mycoplasma pneumoniae pneumonia, urethritis caused by Chlamydia trachomatis and non-specific urethritis (cervicitis).
5. It can be used to treat Legionnaires' disease (legionella infection).
6. Clarithromycin can also be used in combination with other drugs to treat Mycobacterium avium infection and Helicobacter pylori infection.
|Appearance||White or almost white, crystalline powder.|
|Appearance of solution||Meets the requirements.|
|PH||8.0 - 10.0|
|Specific optical rotation||- 94° to - 102°|
|Heavy metals ||≤20 ppm|
|Related substances (single)||≤1.0%|
|Related substances (total) ||≤3.5%|
25kg/bag or as per customer’s requirements.
Preserve in tight containers.