|Molecular Formula:||C11H12Cl2N2O5 |
|Molecular Structure: |
|CAS No.:||56-75-7 |
Chloramphenicol is a white, greyish-white or yellowish-white, fine, crystalline powder or fine crystals, needles or elongated plates. It is slightly soluble in water, freely soluble in alcohol and in propylene glycol.
Chloramphenicol is fat-soluble and can inhibit the formation of peptide chains and prevent protein synthesis. It is a bacteriostatic agent, which inhibits both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, and has a strong effect on the latter.
1. Used for typhoid fever and salmonella infections.
2. Used for ampicillin-resistant influenza B meningitis or pneumococcal meningitis, meningococcal meningitis and sensitive gram-negative bacillus meningitis of patients allergic to penicillin.
3. Used for ear-derived brain abscesses with mixed infection of aerobes and anaerobes.
4. Used for severe anaerobic infection, such as Bacteroides fragilis infection.
5. It can be combined with aminoglycoside drugs to treat various infections caused by sensitive bacteria and other microorganisms, such as sepsis and lung infections caused by influenza bacillus, salmonella and other gram-negative bacilli.
6. Topically used to treat superficial infections of the eyes and ears caused by Escherichia coli, influenza bacillus, Klebsiella, Staphylococcus aureus, and Streptococcus hemolyticus.
7. It is also effective against Rickettsia, Mycoplasma and all infections.
8. Ineffective against Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Serratia infections.
9. Eye drops are used to treat eye infections caused by sensitive bacteria, such as trachoma, conjunctivitis, keratitis, and blepharitis.
10. Ear drops can be used to treat otitis externa and acute and chronic otitis media caused by sensitive bacteria infection. Ear plugs can also be used for otitis and pus after radical mastoidectomy.
|Appearance ||White, greyish-white or yellowish-white, fine, crystalline powder or fine crystals, needles or elongated plates.|
|Acidity or alkalinity||Meets the requirements.|
|Specific optical rotation||+ 18.5° to + 20.5°|
|Chlorides ||≤100 ppm|
|Pyrogens ||Meets the requirements.|
|Loss on drying||≤0.5%|
|Any spot ||≤0.5%|
25kg/bag or as per customer’s requirements.
Preserve in tight and light-resistant containers. If the substance is sterile, store in asterile, airtight, tamper-proof container.